My Flicker Pics

Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Buttercream "shaggy mum" and Sugar Flowers

Last week was week 3 for Basic Cake Decorating and Flower classes.  It really is hard for me to think this will soon be all over.  BUT then I can join the ranks of Wilton Graduates--just like YOU.  I'm going to find a way to make some of this work on cookies...that's a good goal...isn't it?

Check out my SHAGGY MUM!  Isn't this piping just the most fun?  Use tip #233  It also makes grass.  To see how, click  HERE .

Vanilla cake, filled with homemade lemon curd, covered with pink swirled buttercream and topped with a "shaggy mum" .  I brought this one and one more to my Mom and she inhaled it.  Smiles!  That's my reward!!!  What about you?  Do you enjoy this as much as I do?




I was excited to box my cupcakes for my Mom in the nursing home and my wonderful husband. 


Great box to transport flowers, too!






I am having such a fantabulous (new word) time in my classes.  Can't wait for the next classes...but (sniff) they will be my last.  It is hard to believe that it's almost over.


Check out my classwork...
Buttercream Pom Pom flower


Buttercream Shells

Royal Icing:   More flower practice...Top row, Wilton rose, 2nd row daffadils, 3rd row violets (aren't they cute?), and then two pink pointsettias and last-a day lily.

My Daffi-down-dilly


Lily Thought for the Day...
Matthew 6:28
And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin.
Luke 12:27
Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these



Tomorrow is homework day!
Didn't know homework could be so sweet---
sorry I couldn't help myself :)



No comments:

Post a Comment