My Flicker Pics

Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Last Punkin Standing

I hear ya!  Halloween is over.  But, wait......it's still FALL.  And pumpkins grow in the fall, right?  But not here too much in the South.  One time when my husband worked near St. Louis my oldest daughter brought 30 or so back.  The boys (my grands) helped us pick them and you can imagine the husband comments we got.  You're going to haul how many pumpkins back to Mississippi?  And what are you going to do with 30 + pumpkins???  Well, that's Momma perogative!  Answer?  Carve and line the driveway.  Ummmmm......Sounded like a good idea anyway.

But back to pumpkins.  Here are some pumpkins for another pre-school party.  The request was from a co-worker-friend-mom and they couldn't have a face, so this is what I did.

 Outline with my favorite glaze.  You must visit Cookie Crazie if you want to see the "queen" of glaze decorating.  Click HERE if you want to see what I mean, but do come back...please?  I will wait for you.

 Glaze takes longer to set and dry than royal icing. 
Doing alternate sections adds some texture, but I still couldn't resist going back to put more detail...
and...
shine.

I added Wilton Orange Sparkling Sugar to the last sections while they were still moist. I did let them dry overnight.
The stems were outlined and flooded with royal icing. 
Yes, you heard me.  I was needing to pick up the pace, so I (gasp) made both icings be friends.  They got along just fine.
A few R.I. vines and a leaf or two and whala...



After EVERYTHING dried, I put in cello bags, tied with a bow and packaged .

My friend said they were enjoyed very much
and
That's really what counts!

(and that makes me happy)

No comments:

Post a Comment