My Flicker Pics

Friday, July 15, 2011

Mid-Wilton Journey

My "Just Because" Cake for dinner!
Posted by Picasa

I realize that this post may appear to be out of order. But I was so proud that I could get these roses on a cake...I couldn't wait. Another journey in finding new skills. Mr. Wilton is patient!

Just wanted to practice.  So, I pulled out a 6 inch cake from freezer.  See that extra cake came in handy!  And pulled out the strawberry swiss meringue buttercream from the fridge (it's been there for a couple of weeks, but will be good for about a month  and MUCH longer in a freezer) OBTW.  If you take SMB out of a cold place and start to whip it, it will NOT be pretty for a few moments; BUT it WiLL...just be patient.  It'll be ok! 

Then I got all my "school" supplies out, to pipe with the classic buttercream (I have plenty of Wilton made from the recipe in the book...and then....FUN!  I picked out royal icing flowers from my new stash.

I will be looking at more photostreams.  Maybe you can share your links with me and I can look at yours!  That would really be neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment