My Flicker Pics

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

We DID IT!!!!

I am now the proud owner of a Wilton Basic Cake Decorating Diploma!  See?
It's official!!!

My Wonderful Teacher, Ms. Jessie and me.




Oh, You want to see the cake?
OK
 THE CAKE with us.


Now, I know, here I am again and this is not really a cookie post and well...my Blog IS titled "The Cookie Basket"
But look at all the goodies you can put in a basket.
Now, there, does that make it any better?
Oh, come on....just go with me on this one :)


Anyway, I am taking you on my journey with me and maybe, just maybe, I can use some of the things I learned and put them on cookies for you...
And maybe I can just add to my "basket"...I mean a Wilton Rose on a cookie might look pretty but  p-r-o-b-a-b-l-y wouldn't package too well.

Never-the-less here's some of my prep work...
Now that's something I can use on a cookie.  Adding a touch of piping gel, sure made it easier to pipe words.  If any of you out there know this is a NO NO on cookies, please chastise me!








            
Our AMAZING Class


Now the next pictures are sorta before and after pics....




In Car
                                                      After riding in car for an hour...


Now, I didn't tell you, but this cake was made for my Mom. Her favorite roses are Tropicana and while I didn't research it out...these were made from my memory.  When I walked into Mom's room, opened the cake cover and said, "Mom, this is just a happy cake....well, sorta sad-happy cake...the icing kinda......."  I didn't even get to finish my sentence.  Mom made me feel like the owner of a five-star bakery.  Or  Cake Boss, Duff....

And there's that smile.  "Mom would you like a piece?"  "Yeah, they can just bring another shot."  First bite?  The rose.  I don't know about you, maybe this post was a little disappointing...I mean no cookies to look at.  But maybe you'll just enjoy a grown daughter and her Mom and a little cake with sliding decorations and maybe, just maybe feel blessed.  I do.  And thank you for letting me share :)

Exodus 20:12

King James Version (KJV)

12Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.


No comments:

Post a Comment