My Flicker Pics

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Candy Corn Journey


First Journey



You really need to see This Candy Corn Cookie "How To" (by SweetSugarbelle..)
Now that I've looked again at her blog, I realize that I didn't EXACTLY follow directions ... I was trying out my memory. Like, THAT was a good idea!
I made Candy Corn on steroids. Silly me!!! I'm going to try it again with the bite-size cookies. I didn't burn my Wilton candy melts, but I did learn a lesson or two. I added a little oil to make the candy more spreadable. It said I could... on the bag. But I wouldn't know otherwise. I would say dip-able; but you would have had to have been here...trying to dip 4-5 inch cookies. Not a pretty picture. Definitely go smaller. But they are just SO cute at any size.



Candy Corn Goes
On a Diet







Don't you think this was necessary?  I mean my first candy corn cookie just had NO  self-control....any time a cookie recipe only produces 8 cookies.....what can I say, except that we might just need to pare down the size
SO
We looked at the "How TO" one more time and since I did have a little bit of dough left and I do mean "little" I tried again.

This time I didn't have enough to put in the loaf pan.
But I did take out my handy dandy digital scale and divided the remaining dough, added more Ameri-Color Orange to one, then made little slabs of dough, stacked them and put in the refrigerator...like I should have done the first time.

When chilled, I pulled it out, cut four slices and then cut out the little corn shapes from them.   The rest is the same...just a much smaller version.
AND
Dipping the cookies in the candy melts?
Easy as pie.

Now why didn't I do all that the first time?




No comments:

Post a Comment