My Flicker Pics

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Dusting with Luster

May I first start out by saying...This was a completely new venture for me.
I thought I knew all the "sparkles"...sanding sugar, crystal sugar, sparkling sugar, sugar pearls...but luster dust....what is that?  And then I saw some pictures that highlighted this little tube of bling.

And so, naturally, I had to try it.  Now after looking at several videos and blogs on the topic, it became very clear that I did not have a bottle of Vodka in my pantry....Pastor's wife....Vodka....just don't even stay together in the same sentence (see, the ......'s ?) People just don't go directly to the liquor section to get Vanilla for cakes and cookies and they don't go to the cake isle to stock of for cocktail party beverages for some reason.  Directions compel me to take just a "little" bit of luster dust and mix with Vodka...or lemon extract...or lemon juice...or...oh, just mix the stuff.  As you can see, I used the extract.

But then my dilimma is the word "little".  Just how much is little?  So I put a little luster dust in a little extract.


Then I painted a "little" on my iced cookies.  Make sure the icing is set!


When I measured the "little" bit of luster dust, I poured it in my hand.  Okay, you know what I'm going to say, don't you.  Yes, I had a luster hand!  And no, it didn't wash off immediately.  So word of caution.  Do not touch parts of your body that you do not want to look radiated.  Unless, of course, you wish to start a new trend. 

Reminds me of the golden streets in heaven, except you know what?  The Scripture says "street".  Bet some of you didn't know that.  At any rate, I hope to see you there when the last timer goes off.


No comments:

Post a Comment