My Flicker Pics

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Heat in the Kitchen

I have read all my cooking life about the pitfalls of trusting oven temps and have completely and utterly ignored every single warning. So, just because I finally got curious (baking for 40-ish years now), I bought one of those oven thermometers and what do you know...



What is that childhood saying?  Liar, liar, pants on fire...

All those people on TV, in cookbooks and those cooking blogs really know what they are talking about....Don't be so trusting (unless the Lord is speaking).  So invest in at least the el cheapo oven thermometers from Wal-Mart, like the one seen here.  It may make a huge difference.  Baking is really chemistry in disguise, ya know :)  Can't believe I've been deceived all these years....

No comments:

Post a Comment