My Flicker Pics

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Let's Talk Peach Jam

Alright with healthy.  I'm going to force myself to deviate this week.  Oldest daughter went all the way to Georgia to the Lane Packing Company to get fresh peaches.  24 boxes, I believe...I only got one.  They are SO good.  Even my hubby got involved in the jam making process!

Peaches will react with air exposure by turning brown.  Put pealed/cut peaches in lemon water or Fruit Fresh to keep them pretty.


Just follow the directions on the box of Sure Jel and make by the batch.  My first batch was not as firm as I'd like, so I increased the cooking time on the 2nd and 3rd batch with better results.  I continued to cook the jam until it barely dripped off of a spoon.

Fill clean, sterilized jars.  Wipe the rims and put caps and lids on.  Tighten rings firmly and allow the jars to sit undisturbed until the lids "pop" or seal. 


Store in a cool, dark place.

But don't forget...

Take time to enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment